The following post is from contributing writer Jen @ Forever, For Always, No Matter What
This should have been an easy assignment, to pick our 10 favorite read alouds. However, it proved to be a bit of a challenge! It was difficult to narrow down our favorite books to just a few choices. Some books have been favorites since our oldest was little and some books are relatively new favorites.
Here are our favorites, in no particular order.
- Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel – A classic showing that everyone is useful, even if it seems we are past our prime.
2. Hop on Pop – This Dr Seuss favorite has been read approximately 36, 341 times in our home. I almost have it memorized.
3. Make Way for Ducklings - “Charming” is an over used word, but there really isn’t a better one to describe this book. The story and the illustrations just simply are charming!
4. Madeline – While my boys enjoy the Madeline story, my girls really love it. They like to repeat lines and act out the story, definitely a must read for the girls in your home.
5. Rechenka’s Eggs – Russian folk tale wonderfully retold. Patricia Polacco is a wonderful author.
6. The Royal Bee – Set in Korea, great story about perseverance and the desire for an education
8. The Big Snow – A sweet story about a big snowstorm and how some kind humans help out some creatures in need.
9. All of a Kind Family - One of my favorite books growing up, now we are sharing it with our kids.
10. Happy Hollister Series – All of my children have thoroughly enjoyed the books in this series. They do get a bit redundant, but it’s hard to get tired of such a wholesome family.
What book is on your favorites list?
Jen is a wife to one amazing husband and mom to six energetic kids. Visit Forever, For Always, No Matter What where she blogs about their Catholic faith, homeschooling and adoption. All while trying to fit in exercise and healthy eating. You can find her on Facebook , Twitter @Jen4ever4always and Pinterest too!