The follow is a post from contributing writer, Jenn.
Did you know…. in 1984, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed July as National Ice Cream month?
What better reason do you need to celebrate with this American favorite?
- We all scream for ice cream! You will find numerous ideas for an ice cream unit study from Homeschool Share.
- Beat the heat with these fun ice cream printables from Spell Outloud.
- Learn how ice cream is made from the cow to the cone thanks to the International Dairy Foods Association.
- Encourage your children to write an ice cream acrostic poem with this printable from Enchanted Learning.
- Want to celebrate this glorious month with friends? Pinterest has ideas o-plenty for celebrating – ice cream style! Who could resist?
- Make ice cream sentences – a flexible and versatile activity thanks to Crazy Speech World.
- Discovery Education gives a great recipe for making ice cream in a bag – with discussion questions to boot!
- Participate in Miracle Treat Day! On Thursday, July 26, your purchase of a Blizzard at Dairy Queen will benefit your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital.